Recipes of Jamaica
Jamaican Beef Patty
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 Bundles Fresh Thyme
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Half Loaf French Bread
- ½ tsp. Island Spice Scotch Bonnet Pepper Soya Sauce
- 2 oz. Escallion
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Grind escallion and island Spice Scotch Bonnet Pepper Soya sauce.
- Add to ground beef w/ salt.
- Add thyme.
- Cook beef.
- While beef is cooking, pour cold water over bread in a saucepan to cover and soak for a few minutes, squeeze dry saving the water.
- Pass bread through mincing mill and return the ground bread to the water with thyme and cook until bread is dry.
- Combine meat and cooked bread.
- Add paprika and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool. Fill pastry circles, fold over, crimp edges and bake.
We welcome submissions of Jamaican recipes and articles on Jamaican food as well as your personal adventures and experiences in Jamaica. Submit your Jamaican recipes, Jamaican food and adventure articles using our standard submission form.